Friday, September 5, 2014

HAPPY FATHERS DAY - JAI #230

To celebrate Fathers Day this Sunday, the design team at Just Add Ink have come up with some gorgeous designs to help celebrate Dad, and we hope you will join us too this week.

Now,  not everyone has a Dad, me included, so I kept manly colours to celebrate the other men in our lives, but I chose not to put a Fathers Day sentiment on my card.  I also used a technique called "bokeh", which is a photography term (see my blog header!), and a trending technique in card making.  I watched this wonderful video by Dawn Woleslagle, before attempting to "bokeh" my card!

This card ended up celebrating a friends birthday and I am pretty sure he liked it, lol.

Join us this week at Just Add Ink and show us what you have done for Dad or the man in your life!!


Table by StampinBuddy. Try it FREE.

If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store.  If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator.   Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Paula!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my absolute favourite bokeh card of all the ones I have seen, Paula! It's amazing! You've inspired me to attempt this technique. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your version Michelle - I know it will be a stunner!

      Delete
  3. Paula I think I can safely say you have perfected the bokeh technique! This is stunning and it feels like you can just fall into it there is so much depth! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Kim! I think the dark colours help, rather than lighter ones.

      Delete
  4. I don't think my first comment went through... wonderful card Paula. Love the dark colors with the white circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Monika! I think the Bokeh effect looks great on dark colours too. Thanks for stopping by ♥

      Delete
  5. Loved this so much I had to CASE it! Thanks for popping by to see my "take" on this one! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥