Friday, September 19, 2014

A FLORAL FAREWELL

Over at Just Add Ink this week, Kim has a fabulous inspiration photo for you to play along with.  Alas, it is also my last week with this fabulous Design Team and all round great bunch of girls.  I have decided it is time to take a step back in my design commitments.

I must admit that this photo threw me into a tail spin.  I am not really much of a floral girl, and the colours had me cross eyed, but in the end, I kept it simple and I really love the result.

I decided to frame my sentiment with an oval die cut and I think it works wonderfully.  I am pretty sure it is also the first time I have ever used Tempting Turquoise ink!  I pulled out my Blendabilities to colour the flowers and popped a couple up on dimensionals.  I also coloured a couple of Pearls in blue to match my sentiment.

I hope you will join us at Just Add Ink this week.  I can't wait to see what YOU come up with!!
If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store.  If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator.   Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

13 comments:

  1. You should be happy about how this card turned out - it's fab!!!
    We'll miss you on the design team xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula we are going to miss YOU terribly!! Not just the utterly gorgeous creative artworks you regularly delight us with. I might add today is no exception!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a very high opinion of me Kim!! But thank you for the lovely compliment. I will miss being part of this fabulous DT too, but you will still see me around and I might even join in a few challenges!!

      Delete
  3. I just love how you were able to pare this back to beautiful simplicity, Paula. I laughed at you saying the pic had you cross-eyed - I felt much the same!! Stunning card. Will miss having you on the JAI design team, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am, thanks Chris! Keeping it simple was the only way it was going to work for me, lol

      Delete
  4. A real wow with those beautiful blooms against the white Paula, such a striking card and pretty design. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. I am not really a floral girl, so working with flowers normally presents a whole new challenge in itself! I am happy with how this turned out.

      Delete
  5. Now I have seen this stamp set used ... I am wishing I had claimed it with the order I put in today! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to colour in Andrea! There is always your next order, lol

      Delete
  6. Love your card..despite you being a non floral girl, I think your card has totally captured the essence of the inspiration piece. I am sure that the DT will miss your beautiful work. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to say! Thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my kind of card for sure Paula - lots of white space. You've coloured it beautifully, those blooms are so bright and pretty against the white. Will miss you loads my kiwi friend, don't be a stranger, and take good care of you! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥