Friday, August 8, 2014

JAI #226 - KINDA ECLECTIC SKETCHED

Happy Friday!  Join me at Just Add Ink this week for an awesome sketch challenge!

I take these challenges literally and find it hard to think outside the box.  I am always amazed at what others actually see and come up with.  Check out the rest of the DT submissions HERE.

I resisted the urge to use a die cut circle, and opted to use a stamped image and partial die cut circle instead. I also broke out my sponges since I haven't created with this look in quiet some time.  Using Kinda Eclectic, I heat embossed the sun image and sponged colour straight over the top.  I love the bold leaves along the bottom, which I stamped, and sponged, in Mossy Meadow ink. The vellum flag was a subtle way to add the sentiment without taking over the card, but still using the design element from the sketch.

We would love to have you play along at Just Add Ink this week.  I look forward to seeing your take on this weeks sketch!
Table by StampinBuddy. Try it FREE.

If you would like to order one or more of the items I used to create today's project, simply click on the items above to be taken to my Online Store.  If you live anywhere in New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator.   Please allow "Demonstrator contact" so I can thank you properly when you place your order!

For the entire month of August buy a Big Shot and get a FREE Stamp & Framelit Bundle!! Click HERE for more details!

Blendabilities are HERE!  Get your entire collection now!

17 comments:

  1. For someone who professes to take challenges literally, my friend, you never cease to amaze me with your creative takes on them!! LOVE this card; thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it Chris, and even happier you actually received it on your birthday!! Hope you had a lovely day ♥

      Delete
  2. I love this!! It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your sun bursts out of the colours and how you framed it with a partial circle die cut Paula - its a stunning feature! And very out of the box!! Clever you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it girl! Hello from California. xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Marian! Lovely to see you again ♥

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I love the circle edged cut out.... how did you do that? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbi, I simply used a circle framelit and made just a partial cut on the Big Shot. There are heaps of tutorials on this technique on Pinterest and YouTube. Have fun!

      Delete
  6. Simply stunning Paula, love the idea of embossing the sun image and sponging over the top - such a great outcome. Love your partial circle too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Paula - this card is so so stunning. I love all the sponging you have done - its soft, delicate and simply stunning......yeah stunning that's my word for this card. I love it. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...Stunning and so Creative! TFS Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, I am glad you liked it!

      Delete
  9. Stunning! No one spongers like you! NO ONE. LOVE this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you visit with me, Miss T. You are very generous with your comments, lol

      Delete
  10. How cool is that sun! Once again you've created something with a WOW Paula....So, so clever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Nikki, thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥