Friday, July 11, 2014

JUST ADD INK #222 AND A TUTORIAL!!

At Just Add Ink this week we have a gorgeous colour challenge, as suggested by Mae, using Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride, and Soft Suede.

This colour challenge suited a technique I used on one of my recent convention swaps, which you can see HERE.  I used a different embossing folder for this weeks challenge and love the look of all those chevrons!

I hope the colour challenge inspires you to join in this great challenge at Just Add Ink this week. Head over there and check out the great samples the rest of the DT have come up with too.

I had some lovely comments left and quite a few emails asking if I would do a tutorial on the technique I have used here.  Well you asked, so here it is (finally, lol):-

You will need:
Stampin' Up! classic inks, two or three colours and sponges.
Stampin' Up! embossing folder of choice.
Water filled spritzer bottle.

1.  Sponge your choice of inks onto Whisper White or Very Vanilla card.    It looks fairly ugly at this stage, but never fear!

2.  Open your embossing folder so the inside is facing you.  One side will have the Sizzix and SU logo on, but we need to work on the opposite side.  Spritz the side of the the embossing folder without logo's liberally with water.

3.  Turn your embossing folder over, wet side toward your sponged card and gently lay the folder down.  Press evenly over the entire surface to transfer the water to the sponged card.  

4.  Don't leave the folder on too long or you will loose the definition of the folder you are stamping.  Gently lift the folder away.  When you first reveal your wet artwork, it doesn't look very defined, but that happens as it dries.


The top photo was taken just after I lifted the folder, the bottom, after it was dry.  Quite a difference!  You can leave it to dry naturally, as I do, or speed the process up with a heat gun.

I hope you weren't too disappointed with how easy this technique actually was!!  It packs a real punch with minimal effort - I love that!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you thought.  I appreciate hearing from each and everyone that cares to leave a comment!

31 comments:

  1. love the card Paula and thanks for sharing how to create my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and easy tutorial Paula. Thanks for sharing must give this a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too easy, right, Mae? Can't wait to see your card!

      Delete
  4. Thankyou for sharing this cool technique. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great effect, eh Alison? I hope you will try it sometime :-)

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card! I love the technique you used and appreciate your excellent explanation!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Marie. I am glad you found the tutorial easy to understand!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial - I can't wait to give this a go! Your card looks fabulous!! Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the technique! I saw your beautiful card on Stampin' Connection and had to come see how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Tracey! Thank you for visiting ♥

      Delete
  8. WOW oh WOW dear Paula!! This card and the TUT totally goes off!!!! MAN i'm sooo excited about giving it a try! Can't believe how easy it is, certainly a WOW factor!! YAY! thanks HEAPS for sharing you clever lady!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharnee!! So lovely to see you here. I can just hear the excitement you have for this tutorial and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

      Delete
  9. LOVE this, and your tutorial is super-easy to follow. Thanks, friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris, so happy you like it ♥

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the tutorial, Paula - what a clever technique. I'll try it myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Margot. Enjoy!

      Delete
  11. Paula, your original card and this one looked so complicated! I am so happy to read that it isn't and even I could probably do it. Thanks so much for the tutorial...it was definitely worth the wait! Love both cards, as always. I'm off to try this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can do it, Bobbi!! Thank you for your kind comments ♥

      Delete
  12. You are the best lovely! I loooved your swaps and this version is gorgeous with these colours, too much talent in one little body..:0)
    Thanks for a great tutorial Paula, can't wait to have a try, l hope it's as easy as you make it look..:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Nikki, you are funny! Thank you for the lovely compliments though, I happen to feel the same way about you. This technique really is that simple. I hope you give it a try ♥

      Delete
  13. Oh my word! This is so gorgeous! Came to your website via Nikki Spencer and this is an absolutely beautiful technique I cannot wait to use - thank you so very much for sharing Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Jill. Didn't Nikki do a wonderful job of her own sample? I hope you will try it too!

      Delete
  14. Wow, that was easy - I saw your card at facebook and wanted to take a close look - happy that I did ! I need to try this soon ... But I think I better become your follower so I can find this tutorial again ... and maybe more ;) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Anita, I am happy you are here. Yes, I do post other tutorials as I go along, so keep an eye out for those!

      Delete
  15. This is so cool! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great demo...never saw this one before. Once again you rocked it.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet by name, sweet by nature, thanks Myrna!

      Delete
  17. What a great simple technique. I gotta try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥