Friday, July 25, 2014

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - JAI 224

Being over halfway through the year already, it seems rather appropriate to start thinking of Christmas card and project making.  Kim had the fabulous idea of making it this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink and I hope you will join us!

She has even kindly given us a wee bit of inspiration to go by with this photo.  It is a great place to start help those brain cells gear up for the festive season.  I didn't want to pull out my Christmas product and decided to use things from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue instead.  Colours were easy, of course, but where to go from there?

Nobody said anything about having to use Christmas images, so I decided to use two new products instead - photopolymer stamps and letter framelits!  The "& Bright" image is stamped with the photopolymer alphabet set called Back to Basics Alphabet.  I didn't have to use a stamp-a-ma-jig, because I could see exactly where I was stamping and I can also see when the ink had transferred to my card!  These are seriously the best photopolymer stamps I have used!!

Before using my Little Letters framelits, I used a sponge dauber to daub Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Gold ink over my card front, just through the middle.  I love the fuzziness of the dots!  Then I ran my card front through the Big Shot, after lining up my letters, to spell MERRY.

Rather than pop these letters up on dimensionals to give height, I cut a further 6 layers of letters from white scrap card and stuck each layer together with Tombow, finishing with the original die cut on top.  Then I simply replaced the whole lot in the die cut slots on the card base.

For other great Christmas ideas, pop on over to the Just Add Ink site to see what the rest of the DT have for you.


8 comments:

  1. It's obviously been a little while between visits, you've changed your blog look!

    Absolutely love the fuzzies you've created, so very like the inspiration pic. Great card! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fuzzy dots too. And what a neat idea with the letters. Looks great! And quite unique:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Paula! This is just BEYOND, my friend. Love, love, love the fuzzy dots, and the great technique you've used with the letters. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the letters pop up out of the frosty festive fuzz Paula and now I know how you did it! Love the stack idea so simple but very effective. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Paula, saw your card on Just Add Ink - love the fuzzy dots, but it wasn't till I came here to have a closer look that I saw the raised word- It's fabulous. thanks for inspiring me!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just another example of why l love your work Paula! Such a fab effect with the dauber, it looks amazing. Great tip on the diecut layering too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥