Thursday, June 19, 2014

STARBURST HELLO

I just wanted to share a card I made for a fellow paper artist (always the hardest to make) using the starburst stamp from the new Kinda Electic stamp set I have been playing with lately.  This card is regiftable, so she can use it to send to someone else later.

I have stamped the staburst in the new In Colours form the 2014-2015 Stampin' Up! catalogue, which goes live in just two weeks!!  The colours are Hello Honey, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow.  Love the names!!  I have also added some tone on tone with Crumb Cake ink.
  I heat embossed the sentiment in White embossing powder to make it "pop".
  The ribbon colour looks like Mossy Meadow but it isn't!  I coloured this white ribbon with my darkest green Blendabilities from the Old Olive range.  It matches perfectly!  The best thing about it?  It dries instantly!  No more smudging ink from my coloured ribbons on to my projects.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, coloured ribbon! I can see that Blendabilities and me are going to be great friends. ;-) I love the overlapping starbursts! Beautiful card, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! yes, the Blendies colour ribbon so much better than just the average marker. The colour dries instantly and doesn't transfer to your project - always a bonus, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥