Friday, June 13, 2014

SAYING GOODBYE

This week at Just Add Ink, Kim has us using last years In Colours for the last time before they retire at the end of this month.  Of the five colours, we have been challenged to use three.

I chose to use Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit.  There was a reason for this selection.  Can you keep a secret?  It was for my DH's birthday card!!

He is colour blind.  Do you see my problem?  I can't put red and green on the same card together, it looks like mud to him, and I certainly wouldn't dare put pink on either, lol!!  So that left this striking combination instead.  I have also inked a new Stampin' Up! stamp from the new catalogue, which goes live on July 1st, called Amazing Birthday.

As usual, I have carried over the colour and artwork to the inside of the card as well.  I hope he likes it!

Join us in saying goodbye to these In Colours.  Check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with for your viewing pleasure HERE and leave us your entry!




6 comments:

  1. I'm sure DH will love it Paula! Such an effective use of that stamp. Your crisp bold colours look fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is so strong, clean and graphic! Just perfect for a guy and solves your red/green conundrum too. Love the extra little birthday cake :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula you've created a ridiculously amazing card!! I bet DH loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card Paula. I love the layout with the panel down theside. Great layering in the sentiment. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Paula, and I can honestly say that this card makes me 'like' these colours more than I usually do lol. Love the popped up cake! Bet DH loves it too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour combo. It looks bright and festive, just a birthday card should be. I hope DH liked it too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥