Monday, June 9, 2014

ANOTHER BLOOMING BIRTHDAY

Blended Bloom birthday, that is.  Just one of Stampin' Up!'s new single stamps in the 2014-2015 Stampin' Up! catalogue which goes live on July 1st!  I used this gorgeous stamp for a birthday card so I could practice using the new Blendabilities markers, also available in the new catalogue!

I made the flower and gorgeous Calypso Coral colouring the star of the card.  I framed the flower by die cutting a circle from the front mat and popping it up on Dimensionals.  I also stamped the flower tone on tone, on the top half of the mat.  Love how this turned out.

9 comments:

  1. great beautiful card! love the colour combo!! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi!! I thought the colour combo was a good one too ♥

      Delete
  2. I just love how you've left the white on the turned over edges of the flower, Paula. The grey card with the circle aperture is gorgeous, too. This may be my favourite version of this flower I've seen so far! I cannot wait for Blended Bloom and Blendabilities to be released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to do another aperture card for a while, Michelle. It fits the flower beautifully. I like the white contrast too. I think it helps the flower "pop" a bit more.

      Delete
  3. Paula, your MO JO is workin'!!! Holy Cow! This is an awesome, gorgeous card! Love the color combo and I have not made this type of card before. I have to go home and practice this. Thanks for the great inspiration!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aperture cards are fun to make Bobbi, and you don't have to do a lot to them to make them interesting and fun. Enjoy your practice!!

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is simply gorgeous, Paula. I, too, love that you left white space on some of the petals. Stamping tone-on-tone, to create a subtle background, is a favourite effect of mine; love how you've done it on the Basic Gray card. Stunning, my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I like tone on tone too because it is subtle. A bit like me, really - NOT!! Blahahahaha!

      Delete
  5. Wow-Just Beautiful. I already have it pinned!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥