Saturday, May 17, 2014

WATERCOLOUR POPPIES

Why are so many people born between May and August??  What happened nine months prior that was so special, lol??  I am in desperate need of quite a few Birthday cards and I chose to use watercolouring on this card.  Those of you who watercolour know that this process can take some time.

I am delighted with the watercolour look I achieved on this card.  I am by no means an artist, but stamps and an Aqua Painter do make the process a lot easier!

I haven't put any embellishments on this card because of the very glitzy accent I used on the side of the artwork.  It shimmers and shines beautifully IRL, but very hard to capture with the camera.

This is how I achieved the watercolour look on this card:
1.  Used my Stampin' Write markers to colour my Poppy image from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.
2.  Spritzed the stamp lightly with water before stamping the image on SU's Watercolour paper.
3.  Masked the image just stamped with a post-it-note and repeated steps 1-3 along the entire side.
4.  Used an Aqua Painter to "pull" the ink colour the paper from the edges of the image.

Spritzing the stamp with water first helps the ink spread naturally when you stamp.  How much it spreads will depend on how wet your stamp is.

I head to Auckland tomorrow to begin my 2014 Convention trip to Melbourne.  I am starting to get super excited to be involved in such an amazing, invigorating event.  It is something I look forward to every year.  Follow me on Facebook to keep up to date.

5 comments:

  1. Lol I don't know about May but certainly August and September babies are conceived over the Christmas period.

    Love your poppy card Paula, just beautiful. See you in Melbourne, yay! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, May, June and July son't fit into the Christmas pattern, so you gotta wonder, eh??
      I can't wait to finally meet you Patrice, after all this time!

      Delete
  2. Winter...lol! This is totally gorgeous Paula, but my birthdays not till Christmas Day, but l'm happy to have it early...:0)
    See you soon lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Paula! Can't wait to hear how the convention goes! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥