Friday, May 9, 2014

JUST ADD INK #214 - A NEW SLANT ON THINGS!

Oh, we have a fun challenge for you this week at Just Add Ink - a sketch challenge with a slant!

I have been seeing Tilt cards around a lot lately, and while this isn't a tilt card as such, it is still slanted, which can make for interesting card making.  I really had to think about the slant panels and still managed to muck one up in the cutting, lol

I wanted to keep the colour combination simple, so I chose the Fresh Prints Paper Stack again, and made the chevron piece my background.  I love the slant design and wanted to make that the feature of the card, so I kept the stamping and embellishing to a minimum.  I defined the white panels with Real Red and then popped them on Dimensionals for more interest.  I also made my own Enamel Dots and I love how shiny they look on the card.

I hope you will join us at Just Add Ink this week and add your own "slant" to our challenge!  Head over there now to see the clever designs the rest of the DT have created.

To make the dots:  Just punch out small circles of card stock in your chosen colour, and load Crystal Effects on top of the circles.  Make sure you use a non stick surface to put them on, such as the SU Silcone Sheet.  Leave them over night.  Adhere to your project when completely dry with Mini Glue Dots.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combo Paula - the red really does pop. And thanks for the idea of making your own Candy dots....I was looking at those wondering how you did it. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour combo came from the Fresh prints paper stack Chantell. I love using DSP as inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Paula this is awesome!! Love the up and down panels and how the bold DSP draws you into the CAS sentiment panel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Kim, the bold background does draw your eye. It is a great contrast to the plain panels.

      Delete
  3. This is so fresh & crisp! I really love your design. Thank you for the tip on how to make those faux enamel dots - great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why buy enamel dots when you can make fake ones!! Can't wait to see you using them too Alison.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥