Friday, March 7, 2014

JUST ADD INK #205 - SUNBURSTS

Sunbursts have been on trend for sometime now, so what better challenge this week at Just Add Ink than to showcase them, as Tina has suggested?

Everyone on the DT has come up with very different sunburst ideas.  My immediate thought was to use DSP and then I remembered I had some Masking Film sitting in a draw somewhere.  The wonderfully talented Danielle Daws has a great video on this product and I followed her video tutorial to create this card.  Why reinvent the wheel, right?!  I love how this One Layer card turned out.  I coloured three Rhinestones with a permanent marker to coordinate with one of the inks I used too.

I hope you feel inspired to join in our Sunburst challenge this week.  But before you do, check out what the rest of the team have created HERE.

Stamps:  Four You
Cardstock: Whisper White
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones

12 comments:

  1. Paula as usual your sponging and colours are fantastic. Love how you blend the colours through the spectrum. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae. As you know, it is my favourite technique!

      Delete
  2. This card is even more stunning in the flesh as such..Absolutely delighted to get this stunner in the mail Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Delys. Thinking of you, just as the card says ♥

      Delete
  3. WOW just doesn't do this justice Paula. You choice of colours to make the gradient is just stunning. Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I really wanted to capture the sun going down.

      Delete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Kim and thank you SO much for sharing Daniell's tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula everything about this card is amazing! I particularly love the colours you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely amazing card Paula! What fabulous colour you've given your rays - I can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you for the link for how to make this. I love the colors you chose for this card, not typical, but dramatic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥