Friday, March 28, 2014

JOIN IN AT JUST ADD INK!

Have you done a colour challenge lately?  Join us at Just Add Ink this week for a colour challenge I found quite hard!  The Design team really had to put their thinking caps on for this one too, and we would love to see what you can come up with.   Here are the challenge colours:

Quite a combination, don't you think?  I decided that keeping it simple was the way to go this week.

Pacific Point and Calypso Coral really screamed sunset over water to me, so I set about with my trusty sponges again.  A little masking and a circular punch, bam!  A CAS card done in under 10 minutes.  Hope you can join us this week!

Stamps:  Wetlands, Four You
Card:  Shimmery White
Inks:  Pacific Point, Calypso Coral, Smokey Slate, Basic Black
Accessories:  2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch. Post-it-note, Sponge, Dimensionals

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this is SOOO beautiful! Your sponging is so gorgeous. I now NEED Wetlands, just to make this card. lol I checked out the rest of your blog and you do AMAZING work!!! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shana! That means a lot coming from you ♥

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine. I sometimes think simple is too simple, but I must have got it right this time, lol

      Delete
  3. The card is simple, but elegant. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Granny. I love the simplicity of this card too. Also, that it didn't take long to make!

      Delete
  4. Lovely, lovely,lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scene is just a delight to look at Paula. It feels just as if you are viewing this from a window. Lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sponging! What a great card! TFS x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Messy Mamma. I always go back to my first love, sponging, when I am faced with a challenge I find hard - go figure, lol

      Delete
  7. Wow Paula! Awesome card - i love how lightly you have managed to sponge the colours and blend them seamlessly. With all the new techniques around I sometimes forget to go back to the things that I love. . .and the wetlands stamp is so great for this kind of feature. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥