Wednesday, March 12, 2014

CUT IT OUT!

Just popping in quickly to show you another use for your framelit dies.

Inspired by a card by Ilina Crouse, I had a play around with a similar design idea, using my Oval Framelits.  I chose to cut through the whole card front rather than just a couple of layers.  It is a great way to frame your sentiment!  I also used the arrow from the Essentials Wooden Elements to further draw your eye.  I stamped directly on the arrow in Pool Party ink, sponged around the edge in Baked Brown Sugar ink and topped it off with a Basic Rhinestone, which I coloured using a permanent marker.  I stamped the top of my envelope flap in the same coordinating colours on the card front.

Stamps:  Peachy Keen
Card:  Naturals Ivory, Tangerine Tango, Retro Fresh DSP
Inks: Baked Brown Sugar, Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron
Accessories:  Sponge, Oval Framelits, Big Shot, Essential Wooden Elements, Basic Rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Paula this is very cool. Love that you've cut out of the card and framed your sentiment this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrice, it is a fun way to present a sentiment for a change.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea nada really Nice card ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geri. Wish I could claim the original idea as my own - but no! Thankfully, we can gain inspiration from other talent, eh?

      Delete
  3. What a cool card! I assume you used different sizes of the oval framelits for the red and dsp layers? Awesome card! I can see this as a gift card holder inside too; using an oval framelit on the inside left of the card, snailed only on the edges to insert the gift card? I'll have to try it ... Hugs! Love this !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥