Monday, February 17, 2014

MY FIRST LOVE

It is funny where our individual art journeys take us as we evolve in our creative journeys.  My first love when making a card is to use sponging.  I haven't really done that for quite some time now as I explore the simpler side of card making.  I recently bought a die of a branch and as soon as I spotted it, this card popped into my head.

I enjoyed the whole creative process of making this card.  The hardest choice I had to make was which colours to use!  I am loving the purples and blues/turquoise together.  Here is a list of product I have used to create this card:

Stamps: By the Tide, Woodgrain, Wetlands
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Inks: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Branch die (not SU), Sponges, Candy Dots, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Outstanding! Stupendous! What other words can I use? I just absolutely love the colors and how you used the By the Tide set as a background works so beautifully. Great card! Thanks for sharing it. Case-ing..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbi. These sponged cards are my absolute favourite to make. I hope you enjoy the process too, CASE away!

      Delete
    2. Please show me the sponging technique?
      Yvonne

      Delete
    3. Hi Yvonne, check out my Free Tutorials (up top of my blog). I have one there for an Easel card that explains the sponging technique. Have fun!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colours, I love your sponging techniques Paula, very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥