Friday, February 14, 2014

JUST ADD STRIPES

This week at Just Add Ink we want you to just add Stripes to your project.  It can be in the fine detail or it can be the main feature, as it is with my project.

I had a project in mind when I suggested this challenge.  Isn't it funny how our projects can take on a life of their own??  The project I ended up with is nothing at all like my original idea, but I love it anyway!  It is certainly appropriate for today too - Valentines Day!  Purely a happy coincidence!

I have used the same technique, inlaid die cuts, to finish off the inside too.

Here's how I created my card front:
1.  Cut strips of cardstock in the colours you want to use and adhere them side by side on a piece of copy paper.
2.  Cut a panel from this piece to the size you want on you card front.
3.  Select a sentiment thinlit or other die, position on your striped panel and run through the Big Shot.  Remove the sentiment. Tip:  Place a strip of waxed paper between the thinlit and your cardstock.  This will help the cardstock release from the thinlit frame.
4.  Cut another sentiment using Whisper White card.
5.  Adhere the striped card panel to your card front.  Adhere the Whisper White sentiment inside the sentiment space on the striped panel.  Here's a close up:

6.  I inked up the "you" from a thank you sentiment using my Stampin' Write Markers.
7.  Punch a heart from Red Glimmer Paper and adhere to your card front with a Dimensional.
Done!

So with stripes in mind, what are you going to come up with?  Upload your project at Just Add Ink!  We would love to see your design.  The DT have loads more ideas too, so go check them out as well!




8 comments:

  1. Those are some bold stripes, but very appealing! I have been wanting to do an inlay with my dies for a little while now. Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley. I hope you will give it a go yourself now? It is a fun technique to try!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I love the bright colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about doing a mini rainbow Holly, but it really did take on a life of it's own!

      Delete
  3. This is gobsmackingly awesome Paula - can you just tell that I love it!!! The vibrant colours make the inset white sentiment just leap right off the card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Kim! It wouldn't have looked right in any other colour, would it?

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is amazing, Paula. LOVE your idea, and the handy tutorial. Great effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun technique to do Chris. Tweezers help, lol

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥