Friday, February 28, 2014

JUST ADD INK #204 COLOUR CHALLENGE

Nikki has chosen an interesting colour challenge for us this week at Just Add Ink.  That is a nice way of saying that I really struggled with it!  Still, they don't call them challenges for nothing.

I hope that the combination of Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake and Gold have you running to your craft room, because we would love it if you were to join in this week!

Once I got my act together, I decided on a gift card and box.  I made the box using the new Scallop Tag Topper Punch and it wraps around two mini Chocolate bars.  I have stamped tone on tone Crumb Cake using the Peaceful Petals stamp set.  I carried the same theme over to that matching card.  I managed to include a little gold on the card in the form of sequins and Stampin' Up!'s Gold Foil.  Over all, I really like how this wee project turned out.  I hope you do too.

Check out the rest of the Design Team submissions and then enter your own at Just Add Ink this week.  See you there!

14 comments:

  1. Love your giftbox & card set Paula! The allover stamping in two tones makes such a lovely effect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how delightful, love both projects. The closure on the wee box is so clever. TFS Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I enjoyed coming up with this wee box, although it did take me a few goes to get the measurements right!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty Paula! I love the pattern you created by stamping the flowers over and over. Very delicate and elegant.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I thought it would be lovely as a Wedding set. What do you think?

      Delete
  4. Struggled? really?? I wouldn't think so because these 2 projects are gorgeous! I love the color combo and would not have thought to use it. How did you make the box out of that cute tag punch? Adorable! Do you have dimensions/tutorial? Thanks for the inspiration, I love both the card and the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blaha, yes I did struggle Bobbi. Glad it doesn't look like it though! I have written down the measurements for my wee box. Once I get home and some time, I hope to do a brief tutorial. Keep an eye on this space!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE how you've incorporated the gold in this challenge - very clever! Such a cute little gift set x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely gift set Paula and it doesn't reflect any struggle at all! I too would love the measurements and details on how you made your gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula, Just happened to find your blog...thru Pinterest, of course. Love your work...you are awesome! So generous to share your talent. Did you post the tutorial for this cute little box yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Estelee, Welcome to my blog! I haven't posted a tutorial on this box yet. just haven't managed to find time, I am sorry. I have however come across a couple of versions that are very similar on Pinterest (of course, lol). Keep an eye out on there!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paula, I will look. I continue to be amazed at your talent! Thanks for being so kind & sharing that talent!

      Delete
  8. Thanks Paula. I continue to be amazed at your talent. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥