Tuesday, December 3, 2013

STOP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS

It's summer right now here in New Zealand and we have had some stunning days so far.  Lets hope it stays that way over Christmas too, hmmm?  I am traveling today up the North island and will be seeing some stunning scenery as I travel.  I will be going past a mountain range and the largest lake in New Zealand.  This card was inspired by my last trip up and the gorgeous sunrise I got to see over Lake Taupo.

I borrowed a retired stamp set from a friend to make this card, and I love how it turned out.  Hard to believe there are only two colours on this card - Midnight Muse and Crisp Cantaloupe.
I would love to hear what you think of it too, I love reading your comments!

Edited 4th December to say:

Thank you so much to everyone for their lovely comments about this card.  I would love to do a video tutorial one day.  Maybe Santa will give me a recorder first though!
Once I return from my trip I will endeavour to write a tutorial so you can all try the same process I used to make this card.  Thank you for your lovely comments ♥

13 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful Paula and so peaceful. Wish I was in NZ to attend one of your brayer/sponging classes. Have a lovely and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - you're amazing! This scene looks like a photo. I'm seriously in love with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing card, love the colours and effect. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your cards Paula, and this one is particularly pretty. Wish I could make beautiful cards like this, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - you NEVER cease to amaze me at what you can create. This is a masterpiece. Enjoy your road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, absolutely stunning artwork...who doesn't lurve trees!!
    Enjoy your journey...hugs..
    Denise (UK) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful piece of artwork. I think I would frame this. It's hard to imagine the amount of time and effort you put into just one card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. I have not done that technique yet but now may have to it is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! I too am in love with this card! I have this stamp set! Could you do a video/tutorial on this card? I would love to see how you did this! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card. I love the colors. Could you tell us how you did that? Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too, would LOVE to see a tutorial on this one! I am in awe of it's beauty...love the water reflection. Beautiful card... have a lovely trip and I look forward to seeing how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paula you have outdone yourself on this one! Simply breathtaking …. if I hadn't known better I would swear it was a photo. Fabulous, fabulous …. add me to the list of who would like to see a video tutorial ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. More stunning inky, so beautiful and atmospheric. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥