Friday, November 22, 2013

INDIGO TANGO - JAI #192

No, I am not talking about the phonetic alphabet although it does sound like it.  I am talking about the Just Add Ink challenge this week, which just happens to be a colour challenge!

I was wondering how I was going to make this combo work, then I figured it would look pretty if I worked in a geometric pattern!

I punched two hexagons out of Vellum and used the vellum as a mask.  I then used my Sponge Daubers to sponge in the Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango inks inside the hexagons.  The big bold "Thank You" is from the Four You stamp set and I finished the card by using a permanent marker to colour the Basic Rhinestone to match.
I hope this inspires you to join us this week.  The Just Add Ink design team have some more inspiration to share too so head on over and join the party!

4 comments:

  1. WOW - this is striking. I love it and what a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I was wondering how you did that Paula :) Its a very cool effect really striking! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing - love the effect of the daubed hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a clever one! Such a cool effect Paula and beautifully done. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥