A dear friend (and one of my down-line) has been ill recently and I was in need of a "Get Well" card to cheer her up. We have a lovely section in the Holiday Catalogue dedicated to Thanks Giving. While we don't celebrate this holiday as New Zealander's that doesn't mean the images can't be used for other things! I chose to use the Magnificent Maple stamp for her card.
Calypso Coral card base - 29.6cm x 10.5cm (score in half at 14.8cm)
Soft Suede mat - 12.8cn x 8.5cm
Whisper White - 12.5cm x 8.2cm
Magnificent Maple, Feel Goods
Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizazz, Versamark
Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, White (or clear) Embossing Powder, Sponges for the above inks, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Pear Pizzaz ribbon, Brad, Piercing Tool
Step by Step:
1. Rub the Whisper White cardstock with the embossing buddy to remove static.
2. Stamp sentiment in Versamark ink in the centre of the card and sprinkle with embossing powder. Heat set with Heat Gun.
3. Gently sponge the coloured inks randomly over the front of the card, using small circular motions.
4. Stamp the Maple image in different colours over the card front.
(NB: The embossed sentiment will resist the ink you are putting on.)
5. Adhere the completed artwork to the Soft Suede mat.
6. Pierce a hole in the top right corner of this mat. Fold your ribbon piece to create a bow. Place a brad over the centre of the ribbon and poke the tines of the brad through the punched hole. Secure the tines at the back of the card.
7. Adhere the Soft Suede piece to the front of the Calypso Coral card-base with Dimensionals.