Friday, October 25, 2013

FLIPPIN' GRUNGE!

I have just received my new Thinlits Card Die and couldn't resist playing with them for this week's Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Grunge!  They were so easy to use and come with heaps of other dies to use on your card as well.  A real bargain at just $67.95!  Check them out at my Online Store.  I love flip cards!

On to the challenge!  I really enjoyed the process of grunging up my card, although you can't really see just how much sponging I did on the panels.  I have used the Clockworks stamp set, a fabulous one for this type of work.  After sponging the Very Vanilla panels in Crumb Cake ink, I stamped images all over the card in Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Marina Mist ink.  I love the pop of blue against all the neutral tones!

I then stamp the watch image separately, punched out the image, added an Antique Brad to the centre of the clock face, then popped the whole thing up on a dimensional.  I finished by tying a piece of Natural Trim ribbon through the opening of the flip card.

I hope you will join us for this grungy challenge and head on over to Just Add Ink to see the terrific designs the rest of the team have created for you.

6 comments:

  1. I love this card! Absolutely, the best card I have seen today! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paula, mate your Mojo is sooooo amazing!!!!! I mean look at the details in this grungy card!! OUTSTANDING!! I LOVE IT, LOVE it, LOVE IT!!!! I know what you mean about the Thinlits, A MUST for any stamper!! Can't wait to play with some myself!!
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice! I love the bit of ribbon you tied around the opening. Great paper choice too. You're going to have fun with this die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pop of blue really does push all the brown tones up a notch Paula! The stamping combined with the flip format really makes this a wow card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Paula, love the way you created your own DSP its great

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥