Friday, September 27, 2013

I BOW TO YOU BOW!

Bow tying is one of the things I hear most crafters struggle with, so this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink is a perfect one to perfect your technique - Just Add Bows!

I have added a really BIG BOW to my Christmas card.  You can't miss it can you?!  I figured for the challenge it really needed to take centre stage.  I have used the new 1" Cherry Cobbler Ribbon from the current Stampin' Up! Holiday catalogue.  I love this ribbon!
To get the chequered patterned, I have used the Gingham Wheel.  I inked a strip in Cherry Cobbler, one in Garden Green and another in Versamark, so I could Gold emboss it.  I then cut the strips into squares and adhered them to my card.  I have also used Brushed Gold cardstock and pretty gold bells I picked up at the $2 Shop.

If you struggle with tying bows then check out my two favourite ways HERE and HERE, just two of the many free tutorials I have available.  I hope they help.

Now hop to it and join in the fun at Just Add Ink this week and while you are there check out what the rerst of the Design Team have come up with.

3 comments:

  1. Your card definitely has the WOW effect! Wonderfully creative, and I love the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha now I thought that was DSP! - you did a great patching together the gingham patterns Paula. Gorgeous Christmas card - the big sentiment and big bow are a fabulous combination :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card and your bow is just perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥