Saturday, August 24, 2013

WATERCOLOUR INSPIRATION

It never ceases to amaze me where we find inspiration as artists.  I was visiting a Quilter friend today and she showed me a book by a Quilt artist.  One photo just jumped out at me and I had to try and capture the colours she had used.
I don't pretend to be a watercolour artist and I did find it hard to "stop" before the colours became muddy.  But overall, I am pretty happy with the end result. 

I used Stampin' Up!'s watercolour paper and an Aqua Painter to apply a watercolour wash in Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Perfect Plum and Early Espresso Inks.  I have masked with Post-it-notes and sponged Early Espresso ink for the Islands and foreground.  I then stamped the tree image from Serene Silhouettes.  A simple sentiment in Early Espresso completed the card.

19 comments:

  1. Shut UP!!!!! This is amazing. An incredible piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, love the sunset effect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, beautiful colours, greet Miranda

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow ... this is so amazing !

    Continue with the inspiration
    for us.

    Glenda
    Dunedin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Paula you are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula you are amazing, I'm so envious of your talent. Hugs Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is outstanding. Fantabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...shut the front door!!!!! This card is just gorgeous! I'll bet this one was fun to make. Just beautiful. Case-ing this one for sure! Thanks! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Paula, for being a NZSU pic of the week. You truly are an artist when it comes to water colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You NEVER cease to amaze me with your talent. This is so beautiful. You are very talented. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Giggled at Bobbi's comment! This truly is stunning! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paula! What brilliantly applied water color techniques! The intense colors are amazing. thank you for sharing the technique, and treating my eyes! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi paula! this is such an amazing card! I wish I could make one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! It's so fun when you can take a creative vision and carry it through to completion—this turned out very well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found this card on Pinterest - this is stunning. I had to look at it to see that it wasn't a photo you made into a card. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm working my way through all of your old posts since I found one of your cards on Pinterest. I just came to this one and WOW!!!!! That doesn't look like any "wash" I've ever seen. It looks like you purposely painted a BEAUTIFUL cloudy sky and water and then stamped the rest of the scene. It is just gorgeous!! I wish I could do a watercolor "background" that looked so good! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments! It truly was a wash, with a few intentional swipes of colour to give a more realistic look to the scene :-)

      Delete
  18. Paula wow, this card is so beautiful, you're a color artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥