Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LOOK WHOS 3!!

I was recently commissioned to make a birthday card for a friend's 3 year old granddaughter.  Very colour specific too - Pink and Purple.  I don't do Pink and Purple!  Or Girlie, for that matter.  It really was a bit of a head scratcher for me, lol.   Sometimes there are stamp sets you just can't part with, even after they retire from the catalogue.  Greeting Card Kids is on of those for me.

This little girl holding a heart is so pretty.  What little girl wouldn't like it?  I choose to make Purple the dominant colour, but love the little splashes of Strawberry Slush thrown in too.  I just might get to like this colour combination after all!

Since posting this card, I have been honored to have my card selected as Pick of the Week on NZSU, a site for New Zealand and Australian Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  If you want some fabulous Stampin' Up! Ideas be sure to visit NZSU.

4 comments:

  1. Pink and purple together is a CHALLENGE! Sweet card, though Paula; I do love how you made her dress stripey to complement the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula,
    I love this card and doing paper piecing. I love doing that too.

    I look forward to yur cards. the one that you did a week or so again was cool too. The underwater one I am talking about.

    Congratulations again on your great SU accomplishment.

    Diana from Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! Pink & purple ... Great choice! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥