Friday, July 5, 2013

SU CATALOGUE AS INSPIRATION!


 The 2013/2014 Stampin' Up! catalogue has been released this week, and what better way to celebrate than to use the cover as the inspiration photo for the Just Add Ink #172 challenge!

I love this catalogue cover, it is vibrant, fun and somewhat quirky!


I took the vibrant colours from this cover as my inspiration.  I used all of the new 2013/2015 In Colours on this card front with a fun technique called "Jospeh's Coat".

I sponged Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush (don't they sound delicious?!!) onto Whisper White card.  I clear embossed and heat set the Swallowtail Butterfly before applying Baked Brown Sugar ink with my brayer over the top of the whole card.  The clear embossing resists the brayered ink and the gorgeous sponged colour shows through beautifully!

Join us at Just Add Ink this week and celebrate the new catalogue with the rest of the design team.  I can't wait to see what inspiration YOU draw from this cover.

5 comments:

  1. Paula what a beautiful butterfly! Love the colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one gorgeous butterfly Paula! And what a fab and fun way to get the colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,
    Beautiful card. Nice to see your work again
    Diana from WI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning butterfly Paula, you've used that technique beautifully, the colours are so vibrant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally stunning, blew me away this card.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥