Thursday, July 11, 2013

CONTACT INDEX

While out shopping with my Mum the other day, she made a comment that she needed to get a new address book to put by her phone, as her old one was full and falling apart.  Of course, that got me thinking!!  I came home that day and sat down to design an Index Box for her contacts, instead of a book.

Being a prototype, I have used retired product, but I still love how it turned out.  I had some index cards at home, so I could measure off the size the box had to be.  I have also made it nearly 3" deep, so she can get LOTS of contacts in there!!

I like how it turned out so much, that I am going to make one to sit beside my phone too.  That means my husband won't have to hunt for my address book anymore!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, what a great idea! I have an index card box I made for my internet passwords and websites, but never thought about one for contact and addresses, love it! Always enjoy your art and creativity, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I just finish a new address book and people start moving again so it's all crossed out. Thanks so much. I will be doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has done this for since 1956 - but not in such a pretty box and with such pretty dividers as yours. She was a military spouse and couldn't keep an up-to-date address book because EVERYONE moved around so much. She used an old wooden recipe box and would pull out/add cards as needed. As the years progressed, she would just add email, facebook, twitter, and website addresses - births, marriages, deaths. That cardbox was/is her lifeline! Your decorated version is lovely and I can't wait to point my mom to your idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a clever pumpkin, TFS Luv it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥