Friday, June 21, 2013

JUST ADD INK COME BACK!

While at Convention in Brisbane this year, I had the opportunity to hang out with a great bunch of gals I got to know very well a couple of years back - the Just Add Ink team.  I loved my time on the design team, but life got in the way for a while and I had to step down.  Well, while at Convention I had the opportunity to join the team again, which I have!!  I am so excited (and honored) to be back designing with this amazingly talented bunch of women.

So this week's challenge - Just Add Leaves!!

I have gone with a completely different style of card than my normal artwork.  I have used my Bog Shot to die cut a branch of leaves, which I have used as my main image.  Behind the main image, I have used the negative of the branch as a mask and sponged (with daubers) leaves directly onto the card stock.  This is a fun and subtle way of adding interest to a card front.  I hope you will pop over to JUST ADD INK this week and join in the challenge!!

10 comments:

  1. Paula what a fab idea to use the negative of that die to sponge on the leaf pattern in the background! Love how the black leaf is the star of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations :) and what a lovely card to start with. I look forward to more of your creations and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, I love the softness of the sponged foliage, in contrast to the bold die-cut leaves. Gorgeous colour choices, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the very modern arty feel to this Paula. You've created so much depth just with ink! Love the way you see the stamped design through the washi too - great effect! xxx

    So pleased to have you back on the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula,
    gorgeous card.
    Diana from WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula! Lovely to meet you at Convention. Thanks for commenting on my This and That book. Well done on being back on Just Add Ink! This is a beautiful card. You do such lovely work. I also love that you typed 'Bog' Shot - I do that all the time. It least we don't get the vowel in the second word wrong!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the masking and the washi tape detail. :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog....I'm so glad you showed us the Bouncing Brayer technique at Convention - it really rocks! Thank you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cutie, Paula. I was telling the Aussies who I was with at convention that you were the sponging queen - seconds later you said it yourself! Funny moment. This card def lives up to your name. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the return to JAI! One of my FAV challenge sites. It is months & months since I played any challenge! I hope life will quieten soon ... And one day I will be back to some challenges! Great colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I got to meet you at convention Paula and I'm so very glad you've joined the team again! Love the softness to the background you've added to your card - lovely and soft!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥