Thursday, June 6, 2013

BOUNCING BY THE TIDE - Convention Project #3

This project was "THE ONE" that screamed "Bouncing Brayer" at me when I was first asked to present a WOW at the South Pacific Convention in Brisbane.  I knew straight away what I wanted to do.  Of course, there was always the chance that something would go wrong in the translation from brain to paper!!

Thankfully, this was one of those cards that came together exactly as I had imagined it - thank you God!

I created the background by bouncing my Brayer on my card, lightest ink colour first (in this case, Pool Party), while rotating the card in a semi circle.  I then repeated the process with Marina Mist ink.  I have coloured the fish using sponge daubers, added a wee bit of Dazzling Diamonds along his back, cut out and popped on a dimensional.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning Stunning Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! A great sample for your WOW project! I bet they were all saying "WOW". Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and the coloring of the fish and shell make them look very real. Of course the bouncing brayer is great
    Diana in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula,

    This is my absolute favorite card that I've seen using the "By the Tide" stamp set!!! That's exactly what the water looks like on a sunny day when you are scuba diving. Love, love, love this card!!! May I have your permission to CASE this?

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula, this is beautiful. I have always wanted to try this technique but you have inspire me to go for it. I'll be sure to case you. Love the 3 little pearls.

    Yea, Award Winning!!

    xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments. I am so pleased to hear I have inspired you to try this very easy and forgiving technique. This is one Brayer technique that you actually want to have lines appear! I am happy for your to copy, but please give credit and link if you publish on the net - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paula,
    I was at the Convention in Brisbane and I just wanted to say that I loved the technique you showed us and I have already tried it out and loved it. Thanks!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! I just saw this on Pinterest and my jaw dropped open and all I could say was 'oh, wow' over and over! I have this stamp set but have never heard of this technique. Now, I'm off to find a tutorial! I really hope you don't mind if I CASE this card. Again, oh, WOW! Well, done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberley,
      Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I hope you do have a go at this technique, it is a lot of fun. I have the tutorial for this card on my "tutorials for sale" page, so no need to go hunting ♥

      Delete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥