Saturday, May 18, 2013

TIME FOR A CHALLENGE

It has been so long since I have done a challenge, but I saw one that Heather Telford was doing and I thought - why not!  This challenge was for OLW 140 Borders.  I have also done this as a mini tutorial for you, my lovely followers.  It's been a while since I have done one of those too!!  So here is my card:


CRAYON RESIST:

1.  Using Post-it-notes, mask off the section of cardstock you don't want to use.






2.  Stamp a line art image over your exposed card stock using Staz On Black ink.





3.  Colour in parts of your image with a white waxy crayon.







4.  Using small circular motions, gently sponge ink colours of your choice over the entire exposed area.  The parts that were coloured with the white crayon will resist the ink and remain white.  Clever!

5.  Remove the Post-it mask, stamp your sentiment.







The beauty of One Layer cards is just that - one layer, minimal embellishment.  Thanks for the challenge Heather!

9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW - I've had a white crayon for AGES so now there is no excuse to recreate (well it may have to be after I get back from Convention!). Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Paula and I especially like the highlights created with the crayon resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card-i love how you have created this :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula! So nice to see you! Love this sweetie ... The colours are just gorgeous. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Wonderful card. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...your card is beautiful. I love the soft colours. This is a very versatile card....you could use it for everything from Birthday to Sympathy. Thank you for the technique details....I am going to pick up some crayons when I am out today.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice look. I had forgotten about the crayon resist technique. I will want to use this again after seeing your beautiful one layer card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥