Saturday, May 25, 2013

FEEL BETTER - NIGHT OWL

Today, I have had the privilege of presenting a WOW at the South Pacific Convention in Brisbane.  This card is one of those that just didn't make the cut of samples I wanted to showcase.  But it still features the technique I demonstrated - Bouncing Brayer.

While I do use the Brayer now and again, this technique was fairly new to me, but one I found to be very forgiving.  That makes it a great one to show others that might otherwise be too timid to have a go with this really very useful tool!

To create this striped effect, I took a strip of Whisper White card stock (one of many I am normally left with from various projects), inked up my brayer (lightest colour first) and simply "bounced" the brayer up the card stock until I ran out of ink!  Then I added another darker layer, starting further up the card, and finished with the darkest layer.  The trick is to not "roll" the ink on but just touch the brayer to the card to get a line of ink instead.

8 comments:

  1. You are marvellous! Fantastic WOW presentation. Luv ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an awsome demonstration today. A great technique I hadn't seen before and you made it look so easy.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loved your demonstration at Convention and would have liked to tell you in person that I am a big fan of your work. Maybe next year in Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Paula, on your wonderful demonstration at Convention yesterday.
    I have hardly used my brayer, but with
    your wonderful inspiration using the
    Bouncing Brayer Technique, I will be trying
    to recreate your projects this week!!
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful effect from your bouncing brayer. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done an excellent presentation
    love all your work and so lovely to meet you
    see you in UTAH
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super result, Paula! Congrats on the convention 'gig'! Well deserved. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic demonstration at convention, Paula -really enjoyed it! I can't wait to share it with some of my team this week!
    cheers,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥