Sunday, March 10, 2013

HIP HOORAY! 60!

Happy 60th Birthday to my very hip SIL!!  Hope you had a wonderful day full of lovely surprises. 

I wanted something bright and funky for my SIL's card, since she is definitely not afraid of colour.  But I also wanted feminine.  I used Summer Starfruit and Tangerine Tango for the bright, and Everything Elenor for the feminine.

The whole package is important to me, so I included a small amount of the same artwork on the envelope and also...............

on the inside of the card. 

Of course it wouldn't be a card  by me if it wasn't sponged and I have also used spatters of masking fluid on the front of the card.  That technique was inspired by Heather Telford and you can check out her tutorial HERE.  Thanks Heather - I now have a new love!!

7 comments:

  1. Paula I love how this turned out! I am sure your SIL will love it.
    Cheers
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful card Paula! She will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW. I love this card and I'm sure you SIL loved it to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the honestly in the Top 5 (probably #1) most beautiful works of art I've seen on a card!! I cannot even comprehend the work, time, talent, etc., that went into it. But I listened to the technique on SCS and listened to the video and I'm going to try it and I'm going to keep trying it until I'm not too embarrassed about it!! MAYBE someday it'll be ok...and I'm fine with that. Thanks for the gift you've given me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula! I have seen some of Heather's masking fluid cards ... They are amazing! I wouldn't have a clue where to buy some? Can you help? Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea,

    That is a really good question. I found the Fluid in an Art Supply shop. If they don't carry it, they can get it in for you!! Good luck. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥