Thursday, November 8, 2012

SU WATERCOLOUR PENCILS!

Do you know, I have the Stampin' Up! Watercolour Pencils and have only used them perhaps twice!  So I dug them out the other day and came up with this card:

I used them only as pencils - no water added!  It has been a long time since I coloured with pencils and I am a wee bit rusty, but just had to share this way of colouring.

Instead of stamping the image in Black, I stamped in River Rock to get a light line image.  I then went ahead and coloured the image as I normally would.  I LOVE the 3 dimensional look of colouring this way!  I think perhaps next time, I will use Sahara Sand, as River Rock is just a wee bit too yellow for my liking.

I am so glad I dusted off these wonderful, versatile pencils.  I forgot just how much I love good old fashion colouring in!  I also love, that with just a little water added, I can turn this into a watercolour picture instead - amazing!

I made this card for friends whose wee baby daughter is due to make an appearance any day.  I wanted cute and girlie, but not necessarily baby images,  I love the delicate balance to this card.  What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Paula. I too have the watercolour pencils but don't use them as often as I should. My colouring in skills are not quite as advanced as yours - think I spent too much time as school playing bullrush instead of colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and girly, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely colouring Paula - beautiful and vibrant in the purple too. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, your colouring just brings everything to life. I seriously want lessons!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little sweetie pie! Love your colouring! Thanks for the reminder ... I need some of the new watercolour paper. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paula, I've just found your blog and I'm now a follower, your work is really inspiring! I found you from Google, I was looking for sponging inspiration and you have a lot of interesting stuff here. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute & love the intensity of colour you have achieved

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥