Sunday, October 7, 2012

STOP PRESS!

I have one last Heartfelt sample to share with you - A Scrapbook page!  Yes, that's right, from one who struggles with these projects!  I really challenged myself with this one.  I had the beautiful Snowflake Soiree stamp set to play with, but since we don't have a winter Christmas I was really stumped about what to do with it.

Luckily for me, I had taken lots of photo's of the snow we had here in Upper Hutt last Winter.  We don't normally get snow at all here so this was a really BIG event.  What better way to remember it, then with a page?

I used the Emboss Resist technique on the Whisper White page, stamping snowflake images in Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Baja Breeze, then stamping some in Versamark and heat embossing those images in clear embossing powder.  I then brayered the same colours all around the edge of my page, gradually fading back to white towards the middle.

I picked colours from the photo to team with some of the lovely Stampin' Up! Designer Papers.  A little bit of red from the flaxes for a bit of Bam on the page!  I also used the Snow Flurry die, from our seasonal Holiday Catalogue to cut out Glimmer paper.  I coloured the Glimmer paper ever so slightly in Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake.

This page is not completely finished.  I want to put the title "Brrr-it's cold outside" on there yet.  Just need to get my hands on some more delicious SU goodies to complete it!

11 comments:

  1. beautiful page Paula, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Paula! Hmmmm....yet more goodies to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly stunning! Such an eye catcher! Gorgeous, Paula! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful !!
    és molt elegant i discret, m'agrada moltíssim.
    Tanks for your artwork.
    Ester

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brr it does reflect the cold of that picture but I just love the layout and what you have done with your embossing and of course your brayer! Love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can accomplish whatever you set your mind to, Paula! Job well done. Such a lovely project!
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula I love this page. That glitter paper is the perfect addition. Simply stunning.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this LO Paula! Stunning work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you are scrapbooking - what a beautiful layout Paula. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. tremendous - I'm sorry I didn't see it in the flesh on the day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥