Monday, October 22, 2012

FABULOUS WATER COLOUR WASH

I thought I would try my hand at a new technique I have been seeing around lately.  I am really pleased with the results of my first try and wanted to share it with you.

To achieve the background, I simply coloured an acrylic block with four Stampin' Write Markers and then spritzed lightly with water.  This allows the colours to blend together and once stamped on your cardstock, gives a real water colour effect for your background.  I then simply stamped over the top with a solid image.  You don't need to be a water colour artist to achieve this look.  It is so easy!

Stamps: Fabulous Florets
Cardstock: More Mustard and Very Vanilla
Inks & Markers: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Moer Mustard and So Saffron

13 comments:

  1. What a great technique and a beautiful finished card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new technique - what a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks great Paula. Haven't noticed it around myself but now am looking forward to giving it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    Fabulous card....love the technique... Must try it.....
    I am your new follower

    Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just inspired me. The effect is awesome. TFS! xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly beautiful effect! Love your silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another amazing technique! You are always so inspiring! Love Love Love this! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all so lovely - your comments mean a lot to me and I enjoy reading every one of them. I am thrilled I have inspired you to try this yourselves!

    And welcome to my blog Sylvie - I hope you pop back often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your colour choices, Paula; this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful card. A very effective technique. Thanks for sharing how you made the card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous - I really must try this technique. Perhaps I might have better luck with this than I do with brayering.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors you used. This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this technique! Your card is fab! Looking forward to trying the technique myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥