Sunday, September 23, 2012

A HEARTFELT HELLO!

Hello - remember me?  It's been a while, I know, but I am back and rearing to go!

I haven't blogged for a few weeks now.  It's not because I haven't been doing anything, I assure you!  Unfortunately, what I have been doing, I haven't been able to share with you until now. 

Stampin' Up! put on such fabulous events that we, as Demonstrators, attend to learn, play, mix and mingle, and have a fabulous time.  I attended the 2012 Heartfelt Event in Auckland last weekend, and then extended my stay to visit family.  I hosted a Product Playground table, demonstrating and teaching tips and techniques on the (can you guess?)..........Brayer Table.  So in the weeks leading up to Heartfelt, I was busy behind the scenes creating my samples to take along.

These two samples I am sharing with you today demonstrate the simple application of ink, using a brayer, straight on to cardstock, with simple stamping over the top.  I love this way of adding colour to a white or vanilla card.

This first sample uses four of the five new "In Colours" SU have released this year. And the inside:

The next card is the same technique, but I have brayered on the diagonal instead.  Unfortunately my camera work wasn't up to scratch and the "inside" shot was just too fuzzy to share.

Check back over the coming days for more samples and techniques I shared at the 2012 Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Event.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I adore the Elements of Style card :) Glad to see you back and blogging. Missed you much!
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are gorgeous, Paula. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to visit you at the brayer table... By the time we were out of the presentations, you were finished. It was good to see you there, though, and Di. Hugs to you both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Paula. I've chosen to put your brayering creations up for inspiration on the NZSU blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love these cards. You have inspired me to get out my brayer and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥