Monday, August 13, 2012

OH BABY!

A very good friend of mine recently became a Grandmother for the first time.  I have known this family since all the children were little, so I wanted to make something extra special for the new Bub.  That meant a totally handmade gift from start to finish.

I found some gorgeous Merino variagted wool, so whipped (not really) up this super cute Hoodie and pair of socks.  I knew Bub was a boy, but didn't want the usual Blues.  I really love these colours!  I made a wee tag that says "Hand Knitted" to go with it.

I then whipped (there's that word again!) up a sweet box to package my knitted gift in, using the Nursery Neccessities DSP and matching cardstock for the base.  My card inspiraton, of course, was from the DSP.  These little Owls are so cute!  The Owl stamp is in the Aviary Stamp set.

 I opted not to put a sentiment on the outside of the card, but on the inside instead.  Then to completely finish my handmade project, I stamped the envelope to match.

 The sentiment was a bit of a dig at the new arrival - he was nearly TWO weeks late!!!







11 comments:

  1. beautiful knitted set Paula- and beautifully packaged :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paula! Another of your talents comes out of the woodwork! Cute outfit and lovely card and packaging. I bet baby's parents were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation! Your project has been chosen for the Blog Finds of the Day on August 14. If you would like to see other projects chosen for blog finds, please visit http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic gift - a beautiful outfit (love the colours too) and equally beautiful packaging and card. Lucky bubs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous little hoodie and socks - love the wool and it's so nice to see different colours to the usual blue for boys. Beautifully packaged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Paula, that's the cutest little hoodie & I just love the matching socks! He is going to be one very well dressed little bub. The beautiful giftbox & matching card are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, Paula! Your crafty talents are limitless :) Such as special gift that is sure to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula what a beautiful gift, made with so much love and care, even if you did 'whip' it up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everthing about this little package of goodies is wonderful! Wow! I am always amazed at what my blog friends manage to fit into their time! You are amazing, Paula! Love the wool colours ... And the sentiment is adorable! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a lovely gift and the proud parents are very pleased to have it, thanks Paula and the hoodie is being worn lots, before he grows out of it.

    from Grandma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute, Paula! I love the colours of the hoodie and booties, and the cute box looks perfect to wrap it in! I'm sure the proud parent were thrilled with this beautiful gift ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥