Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PUSHING THE BOUNDARYS

Every now and then, I like to try something that really takes me out of my comfort zone, so this post is a little different to what you would normally expect to see!!

As you know, Stampin' Up! have the most delicious range of product.  But it doesn't just end with cardstock and Designer Papers.  They also have fabric!!  If you are a quilter or like to make your own home decor or clothes, then you will be delighted with the beautiful prints SU have on offer.

I decided to try my hand at a Rag Quilt Tote Bag and here it is!!  I don't have much knowledge or practical skills when using a sewing machine, but these little bags are just so easy to put together with Stampin' Up! product.  It also helped to have this fabulous video by the very generous and talented Angie Kenndey Juda!

I haven't had to use a Rotary Cutter or scissors to cut the fabric squares either!  I just ran fabric through the Big Shot using the Scallop Square Bigz Clear die to do the cutting for me.  Did you know you can cut 8 pieces in one go?!!  That's right!  So much faster than cutting by hand.

Add some batting and backing material, sew them together and you are done!  Of course I also used Stampin' Up ribbon and a button from my retired stash to finish the bag.

I am actually quite proud of myself for trying this project.  I just needed to make sure I could, lol


7 comments:

  1. What a cute little tote! Love these fabrics Paula & the cute raggedy edges. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Paula! Way to go for having a try at something different! You are always full of inspiration, and this project is no exception :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it is even lovelier in real life, you did a good job Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula,
    I love this tote. They always seem like it would be hard but using the die makes the squares the same size with ho problems.
    I wish I could attend classes you do but Wisconsin is too far. hahahha

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little bag..love it!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Paula! Glad you had a go! Better than me! I haven't had my sewing machine out in ages! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥