Sunday, July 22, 2012

A SPLASH OF RED

My lovely friend Diane Taylor lent me her Rue Des Fleurs stamp set a couple of weeks ago.  It was one of those sets that I only liked one or two stamps in and really couldn't justify buying for that reason.  Well, I think it is safe to say, I am going to have to get it for myself now!

I used another gorgeous photo I pinned on Pinterest was the inspirational for this card.  I was struck by the hazy background and then the bright splash of red in the umbrellas.  While I didn't want to recreate the scene, it was the idea of the colour splash that spoke to me.

 
The images in the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set are a real vintage mix, not really the style I go for.  If you have a look at the umbrella, you will see I only inked up part of the image to make it look more modern.  I love the versatility of the Stampin' Up! stamp sets! 

You can also see a another card I made using this lovely set HERE, which also includes a mini tutorial for your pleasure!

9 comments:

  1. Wow...beautifully done Paula! l love the background and the pop of red on the image is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card! Pure inspiration, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the faded umbrellas in the back with the bright one in the front. The other stamp sure looks like rain in a cute way. Gorgeous card Paula

    Diana in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it Paula! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is amazing! LOVE the splash of red! Love the raindrops & rhinestones. Love that delicious umbrella! Love the masking! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Paula. Your modern take on the umbrella is fabulous & the pop of red amongst the grey is so striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Paula and definitely feel a case coming on! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥