Monday, June 25, 2012

TO MY SWEETIE

It is my Sweetie's Birthday today!  As usual, I couldn't decide on a masculine style card I wanted to do!  As I have mentioned before, I find cards for blokes the hardest to make!  Anyway, this is the design I came up with at the eleventh hour!!

I am a Neutrals nut, so stuck with what I know best!  I am also ashamed to say I have had the "Need for Speed" set for some time and only used it once.  While my DH doesn't ride a quadbike, I figured anything with wheels and an engine would be good!  Add hardware and Twill tape, which I used like a banner, and I was good to go.

Of course I decorated the inside too.  I love how a little artwork on the inside of a card can take it from drab to fab, don't you?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DH -  Wishing you an awesome day ♥


7 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous guy card! Love the colors and the repeat stamping of the image to give it that "moving" effect. Well done Paula! Hugs to you! And a happy day to your DH :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome card Paula, and Happy Birthday Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card Paula. The neutrals are fantastic & I love the tonal colouring through the dotty border. Cool ribbon treatment too! Happy birthday to Mr. D! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so like you. Hate male cards & usually find myself reaching for my Extreme Elements set at the very last minute. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card, love. Doesn't look to me like you struggle with male cards; this turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stamping on the twill tape, Paula - happy birthday to that gorgeous bloke!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥