Friday, June 15, 2012

A TASTE OF EGYPT

Some of the cards I have been playing around with lately involve sponging (there's a surprise!) but little or no stamping.  They do invovole a lot of masking and a pile of post-it-notes at the end though.
I get a lot of my inspiration from photo's I see on the net and I really enjoy recreating the scenes on a card.  Sometimes they look like the photo and sometimes I put my own spin on them.  However they turn out, they are a challenge I love to do!

I saw a photo of the Pyramids in Egypt with a camel in the foreground for this card.  I don't have a camel stamp, so opted to conentrate on the hazy sky and pryaminds themselves.  I also chose to put in a moon to really make my sentiment jump out.  The Word Play sentiment set is nearly always perfect for these sponged cards I love to do.  Have you got this set yet?

8 comments:

  1. Queen of sponges this is so amazing, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my! This is stunning Paula! You've definitely worked your magic with the sponges & post it notes here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer this is AMAZING!!! Do you have a youtube tutorial or any tutorial of any type. Don't think I could do it, but am willing to give it a hundred shots or so! Thanks for the beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Paula this is great. You sure are the queen of sponges! I agree a video tutorial would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely amazing Paula. I can't believe how great those Pyramids look. I soooooo want to be in that scene! I am looking forward to more of your sponging genious.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always in awe! And ... you have nailed it again! You should start doing tutorials like Michelle Zindorf ... and you will have visitors coming regularly from all over the world. (Just one hitch ... I think she gets up at 3am each day to do her card/tutorial & then goes off to her day job!) Your work NEEDS to be seen more! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, you are so sweet Andrea! Somehow, I just can't stand the thought of getting up at 3am!! I do achieve the odd tutorial though, so keep an eye out for them! Hugs right back at you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It says "imagine the possibilities'.... but I am thinking imagine the hours this took. Wow Paula...this is phenomenal beyond words. I can only echo the accolades of those before me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥