Friday, June 29, 2012

MOON HALO

We have had some beautiful winter days here in Wellington over the past week.  Sunshiney days, but coooold frosts in the morning!  At night the moonshines brightly too, but always with a halo around it.  This was my inspiration for this sponged card.

I love the circle created around the moon when conditions are just right and wanted to capture the magic of it.  The ever popular "lovely as a Tree" set makes a gorgeous foreground and it was about time I put some ink on it!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Paula! You've captured the halo beautifully, as well as the subtle shadows through the snow. I really like your sentiment placement too, with the three brads preceding it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Paula and I must get that stamp set out to taste some ink again too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Paula! Am always in awe of your sponging talent. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly amazing!!! I mean really, there is no brayer here?? WOW how do you do it lovely lady!!??
    Love to get some tips, the effect is simply breathtaking!!!
    Well done and thanks for sharing!
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card! love the effect of the halo moon, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible Paula, never having seen a NZ winter moon, l can imagine from this that it would be beautiful, you never cease to inspire. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! awesome job Paula - did you ever see the movie Meloncholia - reminds me of the moon in the film

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so v v glad I subscribed to ur blog Paula. Your sponging/colouring talent is beyond words. I love this spooky halo. So life like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly beautiful Paula. Your sponging & placement of everything is perfect. Love love love it! D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥