Monday, June 11, 2012

GROWING UP

It seems only yesterday when I held my sweet baby girl in my arms for the first time.  Well, that sweet baby girl has just celebrated her 18th Birthday!  Not so little anymore, but still just as sweet.  She has kept all the cards I have made for her over the last couple of years, so I knew this one would have to be pretty special.

Now, she isn't normally a "pink" girl, although she does like "bling".  I figured Pretty in Pink and Soft Suede would be a nice combination and ran with that.  I used my Simply Scored board to create the diagonal score lines on the base, then gently sponged my two colours to really make them "pop".  My Big Shot then got a great work out!  I used the Framlits to create the central tag, and the embosslits to create the grogeous wee Butterflies. 

This is how I created the number "18" on the front:
1.  I used the naked chip board numbers from On Board Merry Medley.
2.  Covered both with Two Way Glue Pen.
3.  Sprinkled the pink glitter over the top from the Fine Supernova Stampin' Glitter range.
4.  Covered each number with a thick layer of Crystal Effects.
5.  Walked away and left them to dry over night!

Thankfully, my baby loved it!

7 comments:

  1. Wow Paula this is a lovely 18th card. Love your glossy numbers and that criss cross pattern. I'm sure R loves it and will add it to her collection with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card, Paula and my favourite colour combo too :) Happy 18th Birthday to your daughter! I hope that she has a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Paula, and I especially love the effect you have created with the numbers they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your gorgeous daughter. That card is pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Paula! Love the scoring and sponging effect, but the numbers are divine! Definitely a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous keepsake for your Daughter's 18th Paula. Love those glossy, sparkly numbers & the fantastic diagonal background! :)
    PS I know exactly how you feel Paula, my sweet baby turned 19 on Monday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet design ... and such careful work on the numbers! My baby turned 14 in April ... if I had stopped at 4 kids ... my baby would be turning 20 this July! But ... thankfully I got a bonus ... and he is still only 14! I do have a 2nd one leaving the nest to get married this year ... so that is kinda bittersweet! I will miss her! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥