Friday, May 18, 2012

SUNSET LAKEVIEW - A Tutorial

It is my Birthday tomorrow and I wanted to share the fun with you!  I have put together a tutorial that I hope inspires you to pick up your Brayer and Sponges! 


How I created this card:

On Whisper White cardstock, Brayer So Saffron ink top and bottom, leaving white space between.

Brayer Peach Parfait top and bottom, but not as far in as last time.

Brayer Cajun Craze just along the top and bottom of the cardstock only.

 Using sticky Post-it-notes, mask off the horizon in a straightline, then tear a note to create the top of hills.  Adhere to your card above the "horizon".

Sponge Early Espresso in the gap left by the Post-it-notes.  Repeat across the "horizon", changing the angle of the torn note to change the shape of the hills.

Remove notes and repeat the sponging along the bottom of your cardstock.

Stamp images of your choice.  I have used the Autumn Days stamp set by Stampin' Up! and Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso inks.

Coordinate you finished image with Stampin' Cardstock - I LOVE that everything coordinates!  It makes card making so easy!

Finish your project.  Again, I have used coordinating brads, just in the corners of my card, so not to detract from the main image.

I would love to know if this has inspired you to try my favourite type of artwork yourself!  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  I appreciate all your feedback ♥


21 comments:

  1. Great JOB!!! I need to get out my brayer and give this a try.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, I am never happy with the results when i use my brayer but will try again with your tutorial.
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tute Paula! You make it look so easy. The colours & elements you have used to create your design are fabulous - it is stunning!
    ♥ Happy Birthday for tomorrow! ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. Have saved this tutorial and will give it a go some time even though my brayering skills leave a lot to be desired. Birthday wishes to you for tomorrow - have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This card is simply amazing!! I have a brayer but I've not used it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Paula!!!
    Hope you're having a wonderful day. You are so sweet sharing this wonderful tutorial. I would never have worked out how you created your beautiful scene.
    Hugs. Di
    PS: hope to see you at convention soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Paula. Cannot wait to give it a try (even though I'm brayer challenged!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always inspire me to get out my brayer and sponges! Just so amazing, Paula! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Paula, you do such lovely work, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!..Paula you never cease to amaze, your brayered scenes are always perfection to look at, great tutorial too, thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning, Paula! So clever, but so effective. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Paula, thank you so much for sharing this information

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing, you are very talented. I hope you had a great day on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paula you never cease to amaze, your brayered scenes are always perfection to look at, great tutorial too, thanks for sharing that!


    Lakeview Lodge bed and breakfast gidgegannup

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you made your card. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tutorial. Lovely card.
    I don't have a brayer, but think I will have to buy one now so I can try this.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't played with the brayer for a while. You are an inspiration! Beautiful card design and so versatile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the sunset tutorial! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card and appreciate the tutorial. Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥