Tuesday, May 15, 2012

PEDAL POWER

I am totally smitten with the new Hostess set "Pedal Presents" - can you tell?  I think the bike image is just so darn cute!!  Last time I used it, I kept it really simple with just a touch of paper piecing, which you can see HERE.  This time however, I decided to really step it up and pulled out my Brayer and sponges.

 Rather than use the whole image, I chose to add movement to the card by using a partial image on both sides.
The sentiment is from "Word Play", another favourite (I have soooo many!).  I love this saying and it worked perfectly for my needs.

And for the inside, again a partial image for the artwork.

I am putting the finishing touches on a Brayer tutorial which I am hoping to share with you all in a few days.  A bit nervous about it, considering there are so many talented artists out there who do the most amazing work.  This type of artwork is my first love, so why not share it - right?  Do check back in a couple of days for that!


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love the partial images of the bike, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic creation, Paula! Wow! You have such a way with that brayer! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your tutorial Paula! Love the colours you have used here & the slick, black bikes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool Paula! Love it! I still haven't used my stamp set yet, but you're certainly making me want to :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥