Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MIXED BUNCH WEDDING

I was having a play around yesterday, not really sure what to do - one of THOSE days!  I decided to do an emboss resist card using the Mixed Bunch stamp set and this is what I came up with:

When I had done the initial resist, I really didn't like it at all.  So I put it aside while I played with other sets.  I came back to it later in the afternoon with a fresh eye and finished up with this sweet Wedding card.

Here is a brief tutorial on how I achieved the card:
1.  I used a card base of Nautrals Ivory and masked off the top section of the card to keep clean.
2.  Clear embossed the solid flower image from Mixed Bunch below the mask.
3.  Sponged all over the embossed images with Crumb Cake Ink.
4.  Sponged Soft Suede ink in the centre of the flowers.
5.  Removed the mask and stamped my sentiment (retired) in Soft Suede Ink.
6.  Added Very Vanilla satin ribbon at the top of the masked artwork.
7.  Added Basic Pearls to the centre of each flower.

I hope you feel inspired to give it a go yourself.  This is such a fun technique.  I have another to share with you also, so check back in a couple of days to see another resist card!

23 comments:

  1. Ohhh I like this a lot Paula! Thanks so much for the tutorial too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this card Paula! The dark centres on the flowers with the pearls looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow - this is GORGEOUS, Paula! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Paula! Very effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully elegant, Paula - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Paula, from your resist technique, gorgeous satin bow down to those little pearls at the centre of each flower. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove it Paula! very classy colours and beautifully done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Paula! I love the soft suede centres to your flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous and so, Paula. The satin bow is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant Paula, love it! Thanks for sharing the tutorial with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't know why you struggled with this??? It is amazingly beautiful! Oh ... so going into my 'to CASE' file! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is beautiful!! Love it!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #63 with a link back to your blog on 5-13-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!
    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.
    Have a great day!!
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Paula... fabulous for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paula - this is such a stunning wedding love - I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paula, I love this card! I've seen it on Pinterest. I am inspired to give it a shot. Thanks for stopping by.

    xo, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Paula,

    I found this card on Pinterest and I just had to tell you that I thought that it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is incredibly beautiful, Paula. I've seen this technique before, but this is the most gorgeous card I have ever seen made with the technique. Thank you for showing what can be done with this technique. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OM gosh what a stunning card. Was thinking about getting this set and you have convinced me. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card, embossing looks like so much fun, can hardly wait to get my new embossing heater and get started. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card thanks for sharing. It made me want to try this and I was so pleased with the results. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥