Saturday, February 4, 2012

A TASTE OF THE ORIENT

This is going away from my normal artwork!  I have used a retired stamp called "Easter Blossoms" for this card.  I love the blossom branch image.  I have used my Stampin' Write Markers to colour directly onto the stamp.  I have then spritzed water lightly onto the inked stamp before stamping on Whisper White card stock.  The effect is quite something.  Some of the image remains clean and sharp and some of the image blurs and runs.

It gives the card a dreamy quality, which I really like.  Another reitred stamp was used for the sentiment, Symbols of Solicitude, giving the card a lovely oriental feel.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to part with any of my 'oriental' stamps either. Love what you have done with this, especially the placement of the sentiment and the colouring. Gorgeous card, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a very peaceful feel to it Paula! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Paula. Love the strong colours with the delicate imagery. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥