Sunday, February 12, 2012

IN A RUSH?

A bullrush to be exact!  I had to share this wee beauty with you.  It was one of those cards that just "happened".  Absolutely no mistakes along the way either!  I was really inspired by a card of Kerry Bunting's and sat down to recreate it.  But sometimes these things have a life of their own, as this one did!

I decided to sponge, not brayer, and added some hills and a moon.  Inked up the grasses from "Inspired by Nature" in Cajun Craze and then added low lights with an Early Espresso marker before stamping.  At this point I started debating about adding the bird, and opted to turn the grass into bullrush's instead.  I have used a pretty unusual colour combo of Cajun Craze, Early Espresso with a splash of Baja Breeze, but I love how they all look toghether.

I had to do the inside of this one too, simply because I liked the front so much and wanted to really step up the card and make it something extra special.

So thanks Kerry!!  It may look nothing like your beautiful card, but you were definitely the starting point.

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Paula. Isn't it great when it works out the FIRST time with no mistakes?? I love the sponging and the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Paula and having seen it in real life I know it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Paula. The colours look fabulous together & I love the grass extending outside the main panel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula I love your brayering on this card. Looks amazing.

    I also love your blog and even though I don't always leave comments I would like to pass on a Liebster Award to you. The post about it will go live on my blog tomorrow (Monday 13th Feb).

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Paula. The inside of the card finishes it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - you are the Queen of sponging. I LOVE this card. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Paula! This is absolutely stunning! I love this card, and the colours - everthing about it :-) It's so cool that it all just happened...must have been meant to be! I love the way you've done the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, how did that just 'happen'?! Love the way you've done the inside too. Something I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is soooo wonderful! If only I had the stamps ... I would rush to my craft desk and CASE it now! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Paula. Love your sponging, it is so even and the bullrushes are fabulous. A work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥