Saturday, January 21, 2012

ONE OF THOSE DAYS - ARGHHHH!

I was feeling inspired this morning to get in my craft room and make cards - I don't feel inspired now!!  How can things go so badly wrong?!!  If you have had one of these days - read on for a laugh at my expense!

I had a great (I thought!) idea for a card and couldn't wait to pull out my brayer.  I masked off the bottom of my cardstock and went to work.  Looking great, until I pulled off the mask!!  Big splotchy inks spots, where there should have been pristine white cardstock!  Oh no!  What to do?  Cut the bottom off!  Rescued - yah!  Except I then stamped my image, only to have some ink transfer from the base of the stamp!!  What is going on!  How to rescue this now?  I know, stamp some grass in the foreground.  Except I thought I had grabbed Elegant Eggplant only to see Wisteria wonder on the carstock instead - duh!  That's ok, it's ok - breathe! Restamp slightly lower in Elegant Eggplant for a dimensional look instead.  That doesn't look too bad.  Sponge in a couple of slopes so the tree doesn't look like it is hanging in mid air!  Stamp a simple sentiment, then STOP!!!  This is what I finally came up with after all my design issues:

Not at all what I had in mind, but at least it didn't end up in the bin!!  I am going out for coffee now.  The craft room is closed!

12 comments:

  1. LOL....who hasn't had one of those days Paula?!

    You are an inspiration for keeping on keeping on!! It'd have gone in the bin at the big splotch stage if it were mine....and yet you have created a simply beautiful card despite all the hurdles. Well done, and enjoy the coffee...it is well deserved.

    Have a great weekend,
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, know how it feels. The end result was worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear...! I did have a chuckle, but the finished project looks amazing - you'd never know the diasters behind it! A fantastic creative rescue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well saved, if you hadn't told us we wouldn't have known. Looks great I love that misty looking background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very glad it didn't go in the bin! Beautiful card! And so nice to know that you are as human as the rest of us :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I can soooooooo relate! LOL. Hate those kinds of days, but well done for hanging in there - and such a gorgeous card in the end. So glad it didn't end up in the bin, the colouring looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL ... if you hadn't told us ... we would have thought this was just another Paula masterpiece! But ... I have to admit ... I did giggle at your story. (Having 'been there ... done that'!) Off to see what else you have been up to! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like everyone else I have been there before .... more than once!!! LOL Your're card turned out beautifuly though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No-one would know the drama that went into creating this card, just by looking at it! LOL! Great story, and a fantastic card at the end of it! I love this card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, I hear you but hey look at the fabulous result! Just love it! Have a happy week, Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. but it looks so lovely! so even your *disasters* are great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. now see Paula I know what your problem was .... you stamped first then went for coffee ... you should always start with your vitamin c (coffee) then all works fine ... welll most of the time and if it doesnt then you just need more vitamin c(offee) ... gorgeous card by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥