Sunday, January 1, 2012

JUST ADD SCRAPBOOKING!


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!

Over at Just Add Ink, we are celebrating the New Year with a new monthly challenge - Just Add Scrapbooking.  Join us on the first Sunday of each month for a new theme.  

This month, being the first ever challenge, what better theme than "Firsts" or "One (1)".  Just add that anywhere on your title.  Or perhaps this will inspire you to try your very first layout - that counts too!!  I am a novice scrapbooker, but like to try to push myself, so these challenges will be a wonderful way to extend my knowledge.  I hope you will feel inspired to have a go too!

I chose to scrap this rather unique (in my family's tree, anyway!) event.  My daughter was the very first girl to make her school's First Fifteen Rugby team.  Man, did that raise a few eyebrows!  And she was great!  No fear of getting dirty and breaking a fingernail, lol.  She certainly put some of the boys to shame too.

To be truthful though, I haven't completely finished this layout.  I love how it has come together so far, but need something a little extra in the top right hand corner to balance things out.  I have a few ideas floating round in my head, but the great thing about scrapbooking is that you can come back to it later with a fresh eye.  Good things take time!

Now for more inspiration to help you start, pop by Just Add Ink to see the masters in action!   Delys Cram and Ruth Clarke are working hard to bring you this fresh challenge each month.  Their scrapbook pages are absolutely beautiful. 

7 comments:

  1. Love the layout, look forward to seeing how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Paula! Happy New Year.

    from Julia
    (who lived in Upper Hutt in her childhood)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this layout, Paula! I don't think it needs anything else, but look forward to seeing the finishing touches :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as you know already I adore this LO..and go Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Paula!

    I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Paula! Love the contrast of the BW photos and the subtle grunginess of the page and how you spilt the title - all very clever and very effective!!
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO Paula. Love the crispness of the photos against the grungy feel of the background. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥