Wednesday, December 7, 2011

GOING NAUTICAL

One of the new stamps in the Summer Mini Catalogue is called "Open Seas" and is just a pefect stamp set for guys!  Especially if they love boating or anything Nautical.  It has been sitting on my shelf uninked for the past two weeks, but I FINALLY had a chance to play with it yesterday!

I kept the stamping fairly simple, but just added lots of mats to the card front for interest.  I used mini brads for a wee bit of hardware.  How cute are they?!  I also added the cool knot you see along the front.  You can find the super tutorial for this knot HERE, thanks to a fabuoulous blog called Paper Pursuits

If you belong to Pinterest, you can access all my links to other tutorials and the other great ideas I use!  There are so many great tutorials out there and Pinterest helps me to remember them all, by pinning them on boards and providing links.  A really valuable resource!

Don't forget to get your order in for Christmas.  Stampin' Up!'s fabulous December Frenzy promotion has lots of things for you to select at up to 50% off normal retail price!  I love a bargain!!  My last order will be submitted on the 12th of December, so please get your order to me early, so you will have it for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT card, Paula. This set is one of my hands-down favourites in the new Mini. Thanks for the tutorial link, for that fabulous knot; can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Paula. How could you wait that long to ink up this set though? Thanks for the knot link. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥