Friday, December 2, 2011

FOR THE WOMAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING

Birthday's can be so hard to cater for, can't they?  Especially for Mum!  What do you get for the Woman who has everything she needs?  My Mother is celebrating her Birthday on the 8th of December, and this year I have been making the women in my Family gift card tins, fill to overflowing with cards for all occassions, for their Birthday's.  While there is hours of work invlolved in this gift - it is completely handmade and personalised for that particular person. 

I wanted to go with a vintage theme for Mum.  Not saying she is old though!  Just wanted something a bit nostalgic.  It also took me out of my own comfort zone, as I don't normally do vintage!  I loved using the Hat Pin (retired), and I have also used the Velvet Ribbon available in the new Summer Mini Catalogue.  I didn't want cream though and dyed this ribbon, using my Night of Navy ink pad.  I was surprised how beautifully this ribbon dyed up!  Not at all patchy as I thought it would.

For the card, I CASE'd a design from an old Stampin' Up! Catalogue.  I used the design as a basic template and then added the DSP, ribbon and stamps I used on the tin.  I told you I don't throw anything out and for good reason - there are so many fab designs to recreate!

Mum doesn't have a computer, so I am not spoiling the surprise for her by showing you early!  I wanted to share with you a great gift to give that "hard to buy for" person in your life, made especially with them in mind.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Paula! Are those tins the tea ones? Your Mum will just adore this set Im sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula this is divine. Your mum is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can honestly say that it is even more gorgeous in real life, that ribbon colour is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea for gifts – I think that the velvet ribbon is luscious, and I never would have thought of dyeing it. Even if I'd had the thought, I wouldn't have been brave enough to try it! Now I'd love to give it a go – thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful & thoughtful gift Paula. I'm sure your Mum will love it. Thanks for sharing such a brilliant idea. PS The dyed ribbon looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥